Isn't it interesting how the ingredients we consume and apply daily have multiple purposes? That's why we wanted to highlight one of our favorite ingredients that is in our toner/astringent, Tone it Up - Willow bark.
Willow bark has long been used for medicinal purposes such as pain and inflammation management, but it's also a powerful topical remedy for skin conditions as well. Below are some of the many benefits of Willow bark, written by Anaya Mukherjee, an expert in the field of Microbiology and Molecular biology.
- Willow bark extract is a gentle exfoliant which removes the dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin surface. It also promotes cell turnover, that is the production of new skin cells. This makes your skin surface smooth and gives you an even-toned complexion.
- This extract also works as a toner which helps to tighten your skin, shrink skin pores and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. This makes your skin look young and firm.
- Willow bark extract also hydrates your skin and improves its barrier function, thus protecting your skin from the external environment.
- The potent antioxidants in this extract fights the free radicals which cause damage to your skin. Thus it protects your skin from degenerative conditions.
- This antibacterial and anti-inflammatory extract clears up your clogged pores and reduces red and itchy acne flare-ups. It also helps to treat other skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.